Happy New Year guys! Just documenting our “Notch” (aka Hero Point) house rule.
WHAT CAN I USE HERO POINTS FOR?
- Act out of Turn: use your notch to take your turn/initiative now. You can move your initiative to where you want to act. Sometimes, this may take more than 1 notch
- Bonus to Roll: Get a +8 BEFORE the roll or a +4 AFTER the roll to a d20
- Extra Action: Gain a Standard or Move action
- Inspiration or Hint: Get a clue or hint from the DM
- Recall: A spell just cast
- Reroll: self explanatory
- Special: depends on situation and approval of DM
- Cheat Death: 2 notches to cheat death. Sometimes the DM will not allow it
- Trade for XP: Give a notch back to the DM and you will earn around 100XP x your current level. Only 2 notches per end-of-session may be used this way and only during EXP awarding
For more details check out the Pathfinder SRD article on HERO POINTS
That’s it. Hope this helps!